The Countywide Energy and Environmental Policy provides guidelines for development and enhancement of energy conservation and environmental programs within County departments.
The Policy directs that all County departments implement the County Energy and Environmental Programs for energy conservation and environmental stewardship. The County Energy and Environmental Policy consists of the following elements:
- Energy and Water Efficiency Program
- Environmental Stewardship Program
- Public Outreach and Education Program
- Sustainable Design Program
In addition, the County will establish and maintain an Energy and Environmental Team (Team) to coordinate the efforts of various departments, develop ongoing program goals and objectives and to provide periodic reports to the Board of Supervisors on the status of County energy and environmental programs.
- The County will establish a goal of reducing energy consumption in County facilities by 20% by the year 2015.
- The County will join the California Climate Action Registry to assist the County in establishing goals for reduction of the greenhouse gases, developing measurement processes, and reporting results through the Energy and Environmental Team to the Board of Supervisors.
The Countywide Energy and Environmental Policy Team (Team) Reports provide an update on the accomplishments and activities of the Team. The Team Reports are provided every six months and may be viewed by clicking on the report date.
February 7, 2012
August 11, 2011
May 10, 2007 - Interim Report
August 1, 2007 – Report 1
February 21, 2008- Report 2
July 23, 2008 - Report 3
February 19, 2009